Sorry for the hiatus, folks. It has been a busy past couple of weeks filled with holiday parties, baking, boozing, and coughing. Yes. I have been a very ill girl.
I am super behind on my laptop bag, but have purchased a lovely navy blue coat to use for fabric. The leather piece is proving to be difficult. I want something soft and pliable, but the thrift stores are giving me stiff and smelly. I WILL post Sunday night and it WILL show progress. It takes me a while to get back into it once I have been out of it…. since I have been drugged on Nyquil for three weeks solid!
To entertain you wonderful people, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things from 2010 as well as what I am looking forward to in 2011. This will be done in lists. These are located below.
I also threw in some Holiday pictures to prove I haven’t just been sitting on my bottom eating Ferrero Rocher.
Charley’s Favorite Albums of 2010
- This Isn’t Over Yet – Ellery
- Foundling – David Gray
- Veneer – Jose Gonzalez
- Brothers – The Black Key’s
- Be My Thrill – The Weepies
- Sigh No More – Mumford & Son’s
- Plastic Beach – Gorillaz
- High Violet – The National
- The Ghost Who Walks – Karen Elson
- Lucky Shiner – Gold Panda
Charley’s Favorite Movies She Watched In 2010
- Despicable Me (It’s so fuzzy I want to DIE!)
- Black Swan
- Valhalla Rising (Ok, this was hard to admit but it’s so messed up I couldn’t stop watching it)
- Bronson (See above statement)
Charley’s Favorite Overwatched Television Shows
Charley’s Favorite Books She Read (She Only Loves Sci-Fi/Fantasy)
- The Hunger Games Series by Suzanna Collins
- The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
- The Prestige by Christopher Priest
- Blood Oath by Chris Farnsworth
- The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfield
Things Charley Looks Forward To In 2011
- Continuing her blog!
- A Bahama’s cruise in February
- Learning and practicing Yoga
- Creative Writing (I am planning on taking a class and getting back to my “Power of the Pen” roots)
- The Last Harry Potter Movie (It’s bittersweet)
I wanted to thank all of you for being GREAT readers and for helping me choose my projects. I figured out how to make a poll so you will not have to leave comments anymore to vote (AWESOME, right?), and I also have got a couple great interviews with killer-crafty ladies planned! 2011 is going to be a great year!
Stick with me, kids. You ain’t seen nothing yet!
(Yes, those are O’Douls.)